We are hiring!
Job Type: Part-time
Job Description: Our mission at D&S Vision Care is to provide excellent customer service while ensuring our patients eye health needs and concerns are addressed accurately and with the best service possible! This is an entry level position with no experience required, just a positive attitude and willingness to learn. College student and Veteran friendly! We offer a flexible schedule!
This position works directly with the Optometrist and is responsible for conducting pre-screen testing using specialized equipment and processes to provide the doctor with an overall summary of the needs of the patient.
The position also requires updating and maintaining patient's health information using an electronic health record and the ability to use web based insurance verification systems. Computer experience and comfortability required for this position.
Staff hours currently are:
- 9:30 am - 6:30 pm Monday-Friday
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Saturday
- 10:30 am - 4:00 pm Sundays
- Holidays are offered at time and a half pay and are scheduled with volunteers. Each staff helps out based on the holiday and their preference.
- 16 hrs-24 hours a week starting at $15.00 hr
- Processes patient's information with the use of an electronic health record and helps maintain the operation of the reception area and examination room area
- Manages continuous patient flow by effectively communicating with team members and providers
- Obtains prescreening information using specialized equipment and assessment through the use of visual acuities
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment, instruments and rooms
- Performs other duties that may be assigned to ensure a smooth work environment and exceptional customer service to our patients
- Must have reliable transportation
- A passion for helping people
- Effective team player with exceptional interpersonal relationship skills that can work and relate well with co-employees, patients and customers
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Computer savvy and ability to learn to various online programs
- Saturday and Sunday availability is required with rotating schedule unless a weekend schedule is your preference
At D&S Vision Care we take the safety of our employees and patients very seriously. We follow all CDC cleaning recommendations and screen our patients for COVID risk factors.
Please email for inquiry or call: